Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Baseball Break...



Today, we took and impromptu break to play some baseball in my classroom. We have been doing state testing all week, and the kids are absolutely fried. They keep asking me..."Mrs. Dean, can we walk down the hall, so we don't fall asleep?" It's pretty funny. That being said...they came back from recess all giggly and silly. One of my kids found a whiffle ball, so me being the serious, studious teacher that I am picked it up and started hitting it with the roll of paper I found in my classroom. I know very mature, but hey, a teacher has to stay entertained too. Right? My hitting the ball broke out into a full on slow pitch softball game. It was HILARIOUS! Sad thing is that this is one of the things they will remember 20 years down the road, not how I made them memorize their multiplication tables :p Oh well!

Batters UP!

I took my hand at the pitching. Don't be jealous... I know you wish I was your teacher ;)

Don't worry...we got back to work promptly after fifteen minutes had passed and we had thoroughly enjoyed our shenanigans.

P.S. While I was waiting for my pictures to download, I looked up the definition of shenanigans because I realized I had no idea what it REALLY meant.

Shenanigans: activities which are intended to be mischievous and playful...If the shoe fits, I suppose you should wear it:)


4 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

may I say your outfit was totally awsome!

Jen said...

Don't make fun of me...I sense your sarcasm grrrrr...

Anonymous said...

Jen, I really do love your outfit. I think you look adorable and skinny. Go you! (I am not being sarcastic, promise). Love Sister

Excellent Parent said...

No, I really really do like it, no sarcasum! Seriously, I think its cute!