
Scary Huh! Yah, I nearly pooped my pants when I saw him.
Ok...I am exaggerating a bit...maybe a lot. We did have a raccoon visitor last night though:) It was 3am...I was dead asleep, but I have a crazy sense of hearing. (I think it is a mom programmed type thing). Anyway, I was awakened by some strange sounds outside...I tried to wake Brian up to get him to listen to the sounds too, but he told me I was crazy. Well, I kept hearing the sounds, so I decided to go all Sherlock Holmes to figure out what was going on...As I got up, I remembered. Earlier in the evening I had placed our trash out on the porch for Brian to take to the trash cans. #1 Not a good Idea... for future reference...I should have never put it out there #2 Brian had forgotten to take it to the trash can. I immediately knew it must be an animal enjoying some nasty trash. I peeked out the windows and jumped because right outside the window was a raccoon going for it. He found a chicken we had bought at Costco and was desperately trying to get it open.
I turned on the lights hoping that this would scare him off, with no avail. It was time to try to wake up Brian again. I knew now that I wasn't crazy, and this time...I chose a wiser strategy. "Brian, get your air soft gun! There's a raccoon getting into the trash!" Geese, he shot out of bed and was ready to go:)
He opened the door and walked towards him telling him to get, but this raccoon was not about to move. Brian was stoked! It as time to use the gun...He shot the raccoon 3 or 4 times, and it was only on the fourth hit that this stubborn guy finally moved far enough away to grab the trash. We cleaned up, and he finally left in defeat.
Let's just say it was an eventful evening.
I turned on the lights hoping that this would scare him off, with no avail. It was time to try to wake up Brian again. I knew now that I wasn't crazy, and this time...I chose a wiser strategy. "Brian, get your air soft gun! There's a raccoon getting into the trash!" Geese, he shot out of bed and was ready to go:)
He opened the door and walked towards him telling him to get, but this raccoon was not about to move. Brian was stoked! It as time to use the gun...He shot the raccoon 3 or 4 times, and it was only on the fourth hit that this stubborn guy finally moved far enough away to grab the trash. We cleaned up, and he finally left in defeat.
Let's just say it was an eventful evening.

1 comment:
youa re a brilliant genioius and you are my idol for comingup with that brillant way to get hubb out of bed! genius I say!!
Post a Comment